Book now for our April 2019 retreat with Zasep Tulku Rinpoche at Dorje Ling Retreat Centre, Lorinna, Tasmania. **EDIT** This retreat is now fully booked and no places remain.
Rinpoche will be teaching on the subject of Mahamudra. This is a rare and precious opportunity to receive teachings in Tasmania direct from a Tibetan master of the Dharma.
There will be four days of teachings by Rinpoche, and a further four days of practice and deepening of the teachings led by recognised meditation teacher Liz Turnbull, assisted by senior students,. Dates: 18- 26 April 2019. Please be advised that it is best to arrive by Thursday 18th afternoon for orientation and settling in. An evening meal will be provided on this day.
The retreat will be fully catered with yummy vegetarian food. Accommodation spaces are included in the price, with priority for rooms and huts going to older people or those with special needs, and plenty of tent sites will be available for others. Families will be catered for, with child minding included in the price.
Cost will be $720 members, $600 concession, $250 scholarship, and $50 extra for non-members. To book, fill in this form and send a $100 deposit by the end of January 2019.
The cost does not include dana to the teacher, so you are encouraged to bring what you can afford to thank the teacher for his generosity in bringing us the teachings. Dana would also be appreciated for Liz Turnbull.
Liz Turnbull has been studying and practising Buddhism since 1985 in the Vajrayana tradition and then in Zen and Western Insight. She began teaching Insight meditation retreats in 2010. For many years she has been interested in integrating the Buddha Dharma with the social sciences and psychotherapy. Lizzie was a director of Somatics Body Oriented Psychotherapy Training in Sydney and teaches and supervises on the Australian Association of Buddhist Counsellors and Psychotherapists (AABCAP) professional training programme. She has a private practice in Byron Shire.
Rinpoche’s 2019 Australian tour dates are below.
Please be sure to contact the local event organiser before attending events. Event organiser contact details are in the 2019 Australian Tour poster.
Tibetan Buddhist Society Melbourne
- Friday 8th March – Public talk – Introduction on Gelug Mahamudra at 7pm TBS
- Weekend 9th – 10th March retreat on Gelug Mahamudra based on my book – 10am – 5pm both days
- Saturday 9th March – Sutra Mahamudra – all welcome to attend
- Sunday 10th March – Tantric Mahamudra – only for those who have tantric initiation
- Tuesday 12th March – White Tara empowerment at 7pm
- Wednesday 13th March – Commentary on White Tara 7pm
- Thu 14th March – Public Talk – Finding Inner Peace through Buddhist Meditational Retreat – Abbotsford Convent
- Friday 15th March – Medicine Buddha empowerment at TBS 7pm
- Saturday 16th – Sunday 17th March – Medicine Buddha healing retreat at TBS 10am – 5pm both days
Tibetan Buddhist Society Perth
- Wednesday March 20th – Public Talk: Path to Enlightenment– 7pm
- Thursday March 21st – Mahamudra Book Launch
- Friday March 22nd – Saturday 23rd Yamantaka empowerment
- Sunday March 24th – Vajrayogini empowerment
- Tuesday March 26th – Mahamudra teaching 7pm
- Saturday 30th – Sunday 31st March – Weekend retreat on 4 mindfulnesses
Uralla, Armidale and Mt Yarrowyck
- Saturday 6th – Sunday 7th April – Lama Tsongkhapa Guru Yoga Powa – at Vajra Ling, Rocky River
- Monday 8th April – Citapati Kinkara Skeleton Couple Initiation – 7pm – Mt Yarrowyck
- Friday 12th April – White Heruka Long Life Empowerment – 7pm – Diamond Mountain, Mt Yarrowyck
- Saturday 13th – Sunday 14th April weekend – Teaching and Practice of White Heruka 10am to 5pm – at Diamond Mountain, Mt Yarrowyck
- Thursday 18 April – Monday 22 April
Easter Mahamudra retreat at Dorje Ling, Lorinna Valley in Tasmania
- Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th April – Green Tara Initiation and Teaching at Tang Soo Dojo